Tuesday, June 19, 2007

the kids who don't play outside

Here's a story about kids who don't play outside and how that is different than when my mom and dad were little. Someone wants us to have a green hour now when you are supposed to go outside and do nothing or whatever you want.

I like doing stuff inside too! The things I like the best are:
- pulling the couch cushions off the couch and sliding down the stairs into them!
- making cookies in the kitchen! (chocolate chip oatmeal this week)
- waking my dad up when he is sleeping on the couch after I put the cushions back! it is fun to see what you have to do to make him wake up. melting ice on his face works.

But better than anything inside I like the picnic table outside and the hammock and the porch. I want to have a house that's just a room with walls made out of screens and a picnic table and a hammock.

Right now my house is filled with garlic, that's my house in real life that I'm talking about, because we pulled up what we planted in the fall. Now it's sort of drying out in the living room and I have to try not to step on it.

1 comment:

vuboq said...

vuboq doesn't like oatmeal cookies very much. they are his dad's favorite cookie though.

i'm sure your dad loves getting ice on his face! you should also try tickling his feet.